Meet the Team
- Dr. Howard D. Jordan founded Bethel Vision Center, Inc in 1979. He specializes in family eye care, refractive surgery consultation, specialty contact lens fitting including the newest bifocal contact lenses, and treatment of diseases of the eye.
- From the outset of his career, he has always strived to be at the pinnacle of his profession and in the process has worked concurrently as an associate with two of the leading Ophthalmologists in the Columbus area.
- A proud Buckeye, his undergraduate work was completed at The Ohio State University and he received his Doctor of Optometry in 1976 from the university’s College of Optometry. He was a clinical faculty member at Ohio State and Staff Optometrist in the Optometry/Ophthalmology Service at the Veteran Administrations’ Clinic in Columbus. As an Air Force Veteran, Dr. Jordan takes great pride in his service in the armed forces.
- Dr. Jordan and his wife, Brenda, have called North Columbus home for over 30 years. They are enjoying their two grown son’s Michael and Jason and their two beautiful grand children. As a member of the Dublin Worthington Rotary Club and a past president, Dr. Jordan is committed to giving back to the community. His other memberships include the American Optometric Association and the Ohio Optometric Association.
- Jennifer L. Schmelzer, O.D. received her B.A. from Ohio Wesleyan University in 2002, and in 2007, she received her Doctorate of Optometry from The Ohio State University College of Optometry.
- Dr. Schmelzer completed a post-graduate residency program at the Chillicothe VA and Chalmers P. Wylie Outpatient Clinic in Columbus where she gained more experience in ocular disease diagnosis and management.
- Her knowledge was enhanced in several areas of optometry by working in a private practice in Marion, Ohio as a primary eye care provider. She also worked in a LASIK vision center to test for surgical candidacy and administered full eye exams in various nursing homes around Ohio.
- At Bethel Vision Center, Dr. Schmelzer splits her time between two offices in Columbus and London, Ohio. She successfully treats and manages eye infections, glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy, and customizes her exams to fit the patients’ needs.
- Dr. Schmelzer is a member of the American Optometric Association and the Ohio Optometric Association